S’enregistrer  FAQ  Rechercher  Membres  Groupes  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  Connexion 
Henry can write 5 pages of his novel in 3 hours.

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   KomoriMaths Index du Forum » KomoriMaths » Analyse
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
JoeClark

Profession: Manager
Capricorne (22déc-19jan)
Moyenne de points: 0

MessagePosté le: Jeu 30 Nov - 11:04 (2017)    Sujet du message: Henry can write 5 pages of his novel in 3 hours. Répondre en citant
Hello and takes for taking time to help me with this problem. This is from Khan Academy.

I was asked to find the rate of this problem: 

Henry can write 5 pages of his novel in 3 hours

At this rate, how many pages can Henry write in 8 hours? 

I know the formula to working the problem but what makes me pause is the answer I get 13.33 (its abbreviated). When I typed it in the answer box it was wrong because it wasn't in fraction form which is written as 13 1/3.

and that's where I'm stuck, 1/3 written as a decimal is 0.33 so I get why the 13 1/3 but 0.33 written as a fraction is 33/100 and it cant be simplified any further.

My question is...how do i get 1/3, I understand why the fraction form after researching it but I don't understand the formula of how it got there. 

I hope my explanation of my problem was helpful I really didn't know how to word it.

Thanks in Advance for the help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References
https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/108602-simplifying-a-particular-fraction-quot-Henry-can-write-5-pages-of-his-novel-in-3-hours-quot

Corporate Motion Graphics Example

Jeu 30 Nov - 11:04 (2017)
Auteur Message
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 30 Nov - 11:04 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Jeu 30 Nov - 11:04 (2017)
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   KomoriMaths Index du Forum » Analyse

Page 1 sur 1
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 3 Heures

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation